Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships. We offer competitive pay with comprehensive benefits package. For more information about Fidelity, please visit our website at www.fidelitypartners.org
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN to support one of our Government Clients at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. We will assist with relocation up to $2,500
- Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT), or state licensure as a medical laboratory technician.
- The Technician shall have at least 12 months of experience within the past 24 months.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Society required.
TYPE OF WORK:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of areas as described in following sections of the laboratory: Hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, immunology, blood bank, and blood donor center.
- Calculate test results and measure prescribed quantities of samples during tests.
- Notice pertinent morphology/staining details of specimens under microscopic examination.
- Perform a wide variety of laboratory tests either manually or using automated instrumentation.
- Evaluate quality control information against measurable criteria in the performance of laboratory tests.
- Perform precise and accurate laboratory testing according to established laboratory procedures.
- Receive written requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests.
- Set up and adjust laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Obtain laboratory specimens directly from patients by venipuncture, instruct patient and staff on proper specimen collection.
- Add reagents or indicator solutions, and subject’s specimens to various laboratory operations according to established procedures.
- Prepare slides for microscopic analysis as necessary.
- Observe test reactions, changes of color, or formation of precipitates; studies or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Record test results to flat logs and request slips and file reports in the electronic health record.
- Bring to the attention of the section supervisor, pathologist or general laboratory supervisor any unusual or grossly abnormal test result.
- Perform light general cleaning of work areas such as collection of trash, autoclaving of specimens, cleaning of bench tops and light dusting.
- Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for other civilian/DOD reference laboratories.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Perform and document required equipment maintenance as required.
- Adhere to infection control procedures including the use of personal protective equipment and proper disposal of waste
- Participate in required equipment, in-service training and continuing medical education.
- Ensure safe work environment and employ safe work habits.
- We will assist with relocation costs up to $2,500.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, STD,
- Bridged tenure for employees already on assignment
- Employee recognition and welfare programs
- Paid Time Off (PTO)