Library Aid-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Library Aid to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Performs shelf maintenance to include shifting materials to accommodate placement or removal of materials in shelf list order, includes moving and re-placement of shelving (to accommodate size of materials.)
- Loads and unloads book trucks, uses Government-owned hand truck to move supplies to designated locations within or between libraries.
- Assembles, fills, and marks boxes for movement to, or preparation for destruction.
- Stacks materials for storage.
- Prepares temporary signage to document change and status of operation – when performing task, documents and labels which stage of the operation has been accomplished on what date, and by whom. This shall include the marking of materials, boxes, packages, shelves, or range of shelves.
- Adjusts high density shelving for efficient operation either manually or electronically and readjusts material.
- Supports customers by locating materials, filling interlibrary loans, and retrieving library materials.
- Operates telephone (to include answering and taking messages).
- Operates copier, facsimile machine, and other transmittal equipment.
- Required to be computer literate for occasional non-technical use.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- One (1) year of general administrative experience.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
- Ability to follow instructions requiring general office duties.
- Ability to follow established filing and distributing procedures.
- Ability to use computer to access non-technical online programs.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Ability to use moving aides, such as lifts.