Messanger – Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Messenger to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Drives Government-owned automobiles and trucks (up to 1-ton capacity) for short and long distances.
- Transports mail articles and materials throughout the installation and on public roads.
- Loads and unloads materials from the US Post Office, ARL mailrooms, field printing, FedEx locations or drop-off sites, and other distribution centers.
- Receives, presorts (reads address label and sorts according to address/location), and distributes all incoming and outgoing mail by category to designated organizational element, individual, or to authorized distribution points.
- Accepts and signs for certified mail, registered mail, and overnight mail.
- Examines incoming documents/packages to determine delivery process to be followed.
- Routes correspondence to designated organizational element or individual.
- Performs review of operation inspection checklist and reports any discrepancies or suspected postal offenses or losses to Government POC.
- Processes outgoing mail by using postage equipment to prepare and affix postage on outgoing mail; metering flats, letters, packages, and other mail.
- Stores and maintains all mail in a safeguarded environment.
- Contacts addressees regarding pickup of mail or articles too large for distribution.
- Provides mail window services (if applicable).
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail according to federal agency postal service and classified document requirements (e.g., ensures classified mail is signed and accounted for according to AR 380-5).
- Assures vehicle is not loaded beyond the rated capacity by checking gross vehicle weight rated (GVWR) of vehicle to be loaded (no overhangs, no vision obstacles.)
- Completes trip tickets by annotating daily utilization and preventive maintenance service records (check/completes the daily operation inspection list on the back of the trip ticket).
- Completes driver’s accident report (paperwork/forms are in the glove compartment) if vehicle is involved in an accident.
- Contractor may provide escort to restricted areas with photographic security badge.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and teletype messages according to federal agency postal service and classified document requirements (e.g., ensures classified mail is signed and accounted for according to AR 380-5).
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- Possession of a valid Class C Maryland driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 70-lb mail bags.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER