Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Librarian to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Provides comprehensive reference service for researchers in a wide variety of scientific and technical subject areas (supporting the basic research in advanced fields of knowledge).
- Performs reference interviews of subjects peculiar to ARL.
- Obtain clarifying information from the requestor.
- Determine the most efficient and appropriate sources to obtain the needed information.
- Recommend potential external resources and refer the requestor to other collections
- Help the requestor to clarify his/her own thoughts about what it really is they are looking for materials
- Scouts for fugitive literature and grey materials published in diverse formats and acquires them.
- Identifies human expert sources
- Locates and evaluates information and provides it in written summary form.
- Applies knowledge of the resources of the ARL library system, other libraries, repositories, networks, and consortia to obtain materials not included in ARL collections.
- Edits and updates records and creates accounts for new users through an Integrated Library Management System (e.g., SIRSI).
- Uses Internet web browsers and tools to search for and obtain requested information.
- Downloads information and forwards to patrons or adds information to the in-house collections.
- Performs selection, scouting, interlibrary loan, and document delivery for requested materials.
- Recommends acquisition of resources.
- Attends technical lectures and symposia for awareness of upcoming research.
- Conducts ad hoc reference interviews with customers to be aware of current and anticipated work.
- Monitors electronic or manual alerting and current awareness services. (Sometimes referred to as SDI – Selective Dissemination of Information.)
- Accesses newly acquired electronic services (database or full text) as well as traditional materials (manual, hard cover or paperback, loose leaf, sheet update services).
- Attends library staff and organizational meetings for the purpose of updates, additional services, and impact on assignment, and interaction with other library or organizational elements.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- Master of Library Science.
- Three (3) years of experience as a reference librarian including one (1) year experience with emphasis on scientific and technical subject areas.
- Certificate of library technician training or recent (within last two (2) years) training or work
- experience with a standard integrated Library Computer System such as STILAS.
- Knowledge of Internet search tools and protocols for locating and downloading text.
- Knowledge, gained through work experience, of international copyright laws.
- Recent (within last two (2) years) work experience with automated library systems.
- Knowledge of Dewey, Library of Congress, and awareness of COSATI systems.