Editorial Technician-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Editorial Technician to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Receives initial and final drafts of technical documents.
- Formats draft reports to conform to ARL style and makes corrections as outlined by the editor or editorial assistant.
- Converts files to various formats in preparation for printing or upload.
- Ensures final documents have been approved by the editor.
- Operates word processing equipment such as computer and other technical information equipment (e.g., scanner, printer).
- Operates copy machine.
- Operates telephone (to include answering phone and taking messages).
- Operates facsimile machine.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible general office or clerical experience which involves
- guidance and training of new employees and integrating the work of others into a
- completed work product.
- Knowledge of English grammar rules and procedures for preparing material for publication.
- Qualified word processor (at least 50 wpm with no errors).
- Knowledge of advanced word processing features including macro command language.
- Knowledge of software, hardware, and peripherals required to satisfy the laboratory’s
- publishing and data processing requests.
- Knowledge of word processing software (e.g. MS Office).