Publications Editor-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Publications Editor to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Receives initial drafts of technical documents for editing. The Contractor shall use electronic media when supporting Government personnel with the preparation of technical reports and camera ready copies whenever possible.
- Maintains report information such as report title, office symbol, author’s information, and report status via hard copy and electronic database.
- Edits and proofreads technical documents and open literature for presentation and publication.
- Rewrites portions of text to improve clarity, completeness and cogency by correcting grammar, punctuation, misstatements, spelling, and ambiguity.
- Edits text to ensure conciseness, proper verb tenses, correct terminology, definition of abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols, and appropriate figure and table captions.
- Ensures proper grammatical English language is used and publication is understood by the intended audience (smooth discussion flow).
- Verifies all listed references are cited in text are listed on the reference page, and all references listed on the reference page are cited in the text.
- Compares illustrations, photographs, tables, graphs, and charts with text to assure proper placement and layout.
- Consults with the author about proposed changes and corrections.
- Ensures that technical content is altered only with concurrence of personnel in the approval chain (author, division chief, tech reviewer, etc.).
- Ensures that final copy approved for printing is in complete agreement with technical content of approved edited copy.
- Ensures that all referenced artwork is included in the publication and that it is of duplication quality.
- Prepares and reviews camera-ready documents.
- Ensures that the SF298 is complete and correct and that the abstract accurately presents the significance of the report being published. Ensures security markings are affixed as directed by AR380-5.
- Meets established suspense of editorial projects.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- Three (3) years of specialized experience in technical writing or editing.
- Two (2) years of general publications experience.
- Knowledge of specialized terminology of a wide variety of scientific disciplines.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER