Security Program Technician-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Security Program Technician to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Ensures readers, controls and locking hardware equipment, electronic security systems, antiterrorism/force protection, facilities security design and access control systems are working properly.
- Processes repair and service tickets for multiple security systems such as readers, gates, and
- access-control equipment.
- Ensures accurate entry of restricted area badge information into multiple security systems for
- proper functioning and access requirement of badges.
- Ensures all badge and fingerprint paperwork is accurately completed and processes paperwork
- through the installation badging office.
- Ensures personnel have been properly processed through appropriate Government systems before scheduling, issuing, or terminating CAC.
- Ensures security systems are maintained and operational for day-to-day operations.
- Verifies appropriate clearance level and information to process outgoing visit requests.
- Verifies visitor information for processing of entry control rosters.
- Identifies a variety of security issues, situations, or problems, concerning badging and access, and provides appropriate corrective actions as necessary.
- Provides guidance to personnel concerning the requirements for submission of a new or updated security clearance.
- Ensures all security paperwork is accurately completed
- Prepares and submits required reports pertaining to security program.
- Maintains records according to proper instructions/guidance.
- Files all classified material and security clearance paperwork in accordance with proper instructions/guidance.
- Conducts inventories and ensures accountability of security identification badges.
- Controls and verifies authorized access to and from restricted areas.
- Ensures validity of security badges by visual recognition (i.e., expiration date, signature authority, visitor badge).
- Provides information regarding individual and escorting responsibilities while in the restricted area.
- Provides visitors with information about required conduct and responsibilities within the restricted areas to include the Personal Electronic Devices (PED) policy.
- Coordinates with various agencies regarding restricted area badges.
- Provides security support during large visits, tours, and VIP visits.
- Accurate data entry, typing and word processing.
- Ensures appropriate weather-related clothing is worn when applicable when assigned to outdoor security gate.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- Two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER