Publications Technician II-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Publications Technician II to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Coordinates timing and sequence of editorial and word processing projects within Technical
- Publications office, and maintains close control to meet proposed publication deadlines.
- Maintains report information such as report title, office symbol, author’s information, and report status via hard copy and electronic database.
- Reviews content of newly submitted reports and current workload to determine which Technical
- Publishing site should format/edit the report.
- Assigns reports to contracting production specialists and editors based on report length,
- complexity, author preferences, and current workload.
- Coordinates with other sites and directorates to guide report submissions and Form 1 signatures.
- Reviews camera-ready documents for errors.
- Prepares documents to be sent to the printing office and maintains contact with the printer through email, phone, or written correspondence.
- Maintains various electronic databases (through data entry) of technical publications and ensures records are prepared, maintained, filed, transferred, and disposed of according to the Army filing system.
- Prepares office for Security inspections by ensuring that all classified content is stored/filed/destroyed per AR 380-5.
- Provides on-the-job training to new contractors in lower-level positions.
- High school diploma.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible general office or clerical experience which involves guidance and training of new employees and integrating the work of others into a completed work.
- Knowledge of English grammar rules and procedures for preparing material for publication.
- Qualified word processor (at least 50 wpm with no errors).
- Knowledge of advanced word processing features including macro command language.
- Knowledge of software, hardware, and peripherals required to satisfy the laboratory’s publishing and data processing requests.
- Knowledge of word processing software (e.g. MS Office).
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER