Accounting Clerk IV-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Accounting Clerk IV to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Maintains (through data entry) journals or subsidiary ledgers of an electronic accounting system.
- Review invoices and statements (e.g., invoices from contractors) to ensure sufficient funds have been obligated. If questionable (e.g., invoice would be fine but sufficient funds not being available to pay the invoice in the appropriate account; the invoice exceeding the obligation amount; and/or recognizing the previous invoices have been $1.00, and suddenly the invoice is $500.00) Contractor would gather data together, including GFEBS information, ARL PD or intra office databases/spreadsheets, previous bill history, and so forth and present to Government POC for action.
- Analyzes and reconciles computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance).
- Divides incoming funds into designated customer funding categories.
- Ensures consistency between planning and execution of databases for purposes of periodic rollups.
- Provides job orders for procurement actions, travel orders or vouchers, training, and labor.
- Selects and applies established procedures (e.g., DOD, Army, and ARL and intra office standing operating procedures) and techniques on routine assignments.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- Two (2) years of specialized experience. (College-level course work in accounting can be substituted for specialized experience.)
- Three (3) years of general administrative experience.
- Knowledge of standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures used in an accounting system.
- Two (2) year experience with creating/editing electronic spreadsheets.