Administrative Specialist I -Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Administrative Specialist I to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
Description of Work:
- Create, customize, prepare, and maintain presentations, briefing charts, and documents using computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite), websites, graphical elements, scanned photos, and other presentation materials.
- Review and modify correspondence for internal consistency and conformance.
- Maintain and update the calendar of the Government office manager within the specialist’s assigned branch using computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) by making appointments and arranging meetings, based on the manager’s schedule and current issues.
- Coordinate and support meetings and special events for the organization to include coordinating all amenities, accommodations, visit requests, and collection of funds.
- Schedule accommodations for meetings, record lunch requests for meetings with outside guests notify attendees, coordinate Video Teleconference Conference requirements, and handle any other special requirements for meetings/conferences/projects (reserve parking spaces, directional signs, registration desk, name plates, table tents, etc.).
- Obtain and deliver read ahead material for office manager’s scheduled meetings and distribute to attendees.
- Prepare travel orders; arrange travel and lodging arrangements; arrange and coordinate a schedule for visits.
- Maintain conference room reservation schedules for the purpose of coordinating meetings, visits and appointments.
- Enter data and maintain office databases such as organizational charts, personnel accountability, travel, training, and budget.
- Enter and maintain professional data in the eARL metrics database.
- Serve as records manager and maintain office files in accordance with Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS) for auditing purposes.
- Collect, review, archive forms (such as leave requests, employee work schedules, and telework applications), and enter data into the timekeeping system for branch chief review.
- Coordinate, define structure and organize electronic materials, presentations and documents using databases, servers and SharePoint sites.
- Prepare property turn-ins and requisition orders (including IT Approval System (ITAS) waivers).
- Prepare, review and process training requests, travel orders, travel vouchers, conference requests, personnel related documents, and technical report staffing for conformance to policy and procedures prior to the appropriate authoritative signature.
- Gather and organize completed personnel documents and delivering completed document packages for personnel actions to include civilians, contractors, students, guest researchers, post-doctoral researchers, fellows, etc.
- Respond to administrative queries and taskers by the established deadline. Keep accurate records of final disposition of each action and inform the respective action officer of results.
- Receive and screen visitors and phone calls. Professionally answer office manager telephone line, take messages, and refer calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Operate shared office equipment, to include copy machine, scanners, facsimile machine, computers, printers, and shredders, and as needed submit repair requests.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP) and Internal Operating Procedures (IOPs) provided as Government Furnished Information (GFI) at contract award, related to functions such as personnel accountability, security, and safety.
- Prepare and review correspondence (e.g., minutes, information papers, reports, queries, taskers) for grammatical errors, proper tone, accuracy, clarity, and formatting. Make corrections and retypes as necessary.
- Utilize existing financial and business systems such as General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) in roles such as Business Intelligence (BI) Budget Reporter, Purchase Requisition Processor and BI Managerial Reporter to enter data for purchase requests, Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) and transfer of funds. Interface with branch, division or directorate personnel to develop and coordinate purchase request information and data needed to execute purchase requests within GFEBS.
- Participate as a member of Integrated Product Team (IPTs) or groups developing changes or improvements to administrative processes and procedures.
- High school diploma and one (1) year of general office experience. Relevant college courses or training may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge and/experience using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Power Point, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Experience operating standard office equipment, to include telephones, copy machine, scanners, facsimile machine, computers, printers, and shredders.