Manhattan, New York, NY
Registered Nurse II – New York, NY
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Registered Nurse II to support one of our Government clients at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York, NY.
Description of Services/Staff Qualifications / Credentialing:
The Registered Nurse shall provide general medicine to the institution Health Services Department at the United States Metropolitan Correctional Center New York, NY (MCC NY), to conduct examinations on patients scheduled by the institution medical staff.
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with standards and methods generally accepted within the medical profession, and in compliance with all Federal and State policy and regulations.
- The Registered Nurse II shall adhere to all standards and regulations associated with the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and American Correctional Association Foundation/Core Standards for Adult Correctional Institutions.
- The RN II must have the ability to work with an inmate population from a variety of cultural, regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- The BOP physician will have the final authority to approve or disapprove any and all treatment plans and recommendations by the contractor.
- Provides direct patient care services in accordance with legal, ethical, professional, and agency standards.
- Provides nursing care of a general nature to inmates in the institution hospital/clinic, and may be provided to patients in specific areas, e.g., psychiatric, orthopedics, geriatrics, etc.
- Performs a broad range of therapeutic measures such as care for patients with varying health problems, i.e., chronic diseases, comorbidities, chronic pain, wound management, patient education, end of life care, interventions for acute care needs.
- Implements established protocols and standing orders for handling inmate complaints during sick call triage and initiates emergency care as needed according to institution policy.
- Develops a nursing assessment for each patient, to include planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care.
- May assess and identify high risk symptoms/behaviors in patients, to include suicidal risk, homicidal risk and risk for verbal and/or physical abuse.
- Completes nutritional screening as part of the assessment and refers patient to a dietitian for a nutritional assessment if necessary.
- RN II monitors, evaluates and revises the plan of care as needed.
- RN II is proactive in monitoring and achieving patient safety goals.
- Ongoing responsibilities for hand-off communication and medication reconciliation.
- Communicates with co-workers reporting patient care needs and clinical issues.
- In providing nursing care, adheres to infection control policies and procedures.
- Administer treatment and procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort.
- Medications are administered as prescribed and documented in accordance with BOP and institution policy and procedure.
- Must maintain an accurate inventory of all needles, syringes, and controlled substances.
- Must be able to assess a patient’s condition on an on-going basis and provide
- Identifies changes in their condition and takes appropriate action.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions, monitors and documents progress toward identified goals, and reports information to the inter-disciplinary team for use in re-evaluating the plan of care.
- Interviews patients to obtain health history and records/documents findings of patient care activities on appropriate records (Intake Screening).
- Must complete written or Bureau electronic medical record documentation (BEMR) in an accurate, well-organized, legible and timely manner.
- Competently utilizes specialized monitoring equipment including but not limited to EKG machines, blood pressure machines, cardiac monitors, traction equipment, glucometers, defibrillators, IV infusion pumps, etc.
- Administer Insulin to diabetic inmate during insulin line.
- Administer medication to inmates during pill lines.
- Draw blood, if needed and forward to lab.