Security Clerk-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Security Clerk to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Controls and verifies authorized pedestrian access to and from controlled restricted areas.
- Ensures validity of security badges by visual recognition (i.e., numbering sequence, expiration date, signature of issuing authority).
- Issues and receives security badges.
- Ensures all appropriate paperwork has been accurately completed.
- Maintains records according to proper instructions/guidance.
- Conducts inventories and ensures accountability of security identification badges.
- Ensures proper storage of security identification badges by locking badge boxes at close of each day.
- Receives security clearances and enters security information into electronic database (such as Excel).
- Provides information regarding individual and escorting responsibilities while in the restricted area.
- Provides visitors with information about required conduct and responsibilities within the restricted areas to include the personal Electronic Devices (PED) policy.
- Provides information regarding site and surrounding areas as requested by visitors.
- Identifies any security issues concerning badging and access and notifies proper authorities.
- Notifies proper authorities in the event of an emergency.
- Accurate data entry, typing and word processing.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Power Point, Excel, Word, Access.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER