Hill AFB, UT
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a RN-INFECTION PREVENTIONIST to support one of our Government clients at Hill AFB, UT.
**MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AS AN INFECTION PREVENTIONIST RN**
The Infection Preventionist (IP) serves as the facilities’ Infection Prevention and Control Officer and functions as a practitioner, resource, consultant, educator and facilitator for all staff in multiple locations focusing on the following areas:
- Infection Prevention & Control Activities at the center level
- Outcome & Process surveillance
- Outbreak Management
- Employee Health
Supports Welcoming program/ general orientation by providing infection control training for all newly hired employees.
- Reviews the immunization documentation/status for all new hires with the center to ensure compliance upon hire
- Ensures necessary TB screening and documentation is completed per regulatory requirements
- Ensures Hepatitis B vaccination is offered and initiated or declination signed, for new hires, within regulatory requirements
- Develops education programs in response to identified infection control needs identified through QAPI, rounding, center quality measures, or any other means
- Teaches staff current accepted patient care and center practices as they relate to infection control
Performs rounds on units to:
- Review & monitor infection control issues
- Monitor/observe infection control practices to identify educational needs
- Identify environmental issues that could contribute to the spread of infectious diseases and discuss findings
- Evaluate compliance with Standard and Transmission-based Precautions & provide education regarding appropriate use when needed
Infection Control and Employee Health:
Provides oversight of the Centers’ Infection Control and Prevention Program and activities with the goals of the program being the following:
- Preventing the spread of infections for both residents/patients and staff
- Minimizing the risk of infection-related outbreaks within the center
- Completes surveillance and tracking
- Maintains infection control records per policy and regulatory requirements
- Analyzes & identifies and presents center trends/variances and develops plans in conjunction with the center QAPI process
- Completes the Infection Control Risk Assessment of the Center’s resident population and facility.
- Integrates the Infection Control and Prevention program with the facility’s QAPI processes.
- Oversees the facility antimicrobial stewardship program that includes antibiotic use & prescribing protocols, laboratory communication, and a system for monitoring antimicrobial use.
- Directs implementation of Infection Control and Prevention policies and procedures and periodically reviews and updates the program as needed;
- Provides oversight to Employee Health Program to include:
- Tracking of TST administration and interpretation and/or IGRA blood tests for Tuberculosis screening and Hepatitis B vaccine series administration and regulatory documentation for all employees;
- Training/ Competency testing of all licensed nurses upon hire and annually, who administer and record, in mm of induration, the results of Tuberculin skin tests
- Oversight of Universal Influenza program & tracking of influenza immunizations for all employees;
- Reviews “Initial Health Survey” completed by all new employees and requests appropriate documentation.
- Serves as an ad hoc member and resource for the facility Infection Control and Prevention Committee/QAPI
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
**Must have a minimum of three (3) years of current experience in infection preventionand control performed within the past four (4) years