Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
$30-35/hr does not include lodging, meals, etc. We will add that to your non-taxable rate of pay.
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships. We offer competitive pay with comprehensive benefits package. For more information about Fidelity, please visit our website at www.fidelitypartners.org
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST to support one of our Government Clients in Crownpoint, NM.
Medical Technologist will be responsible for the applications, modification, adaptation and extension of analytical methods and procedures in the performance of a variety of tests/examinations of blood, human tissue, body fluids and/or other substances in the clinical laboratory. Work assignments encompassed include such specializations as chemistry, microbiology, hematology, immunology, urinalysis blood banking and reference lab send out processing.
Immediately familiar with CMS and TJC regulations and capable of ensuring compliance with same.
- Performs a wide range of clinical laboratory tests/examinations per requests by medical staff for use in clinical diagnosis, patient screening, monitoring patient therapy and status and other authorized purposes. “The accomplishment of such test/examinations includes but is not limited to the following:
- Performance of standardized procedures in accordance with established methodology manuals, technical references and precedents. Exercises judgment to locate and select the most appropriate guides and references to apply for specific, purposes. On an irregular or intermittent basis, makes minor deviations to adapt or modify established guides to specific situations.
- Performance of non-standardized procedures involves the use of methods, techniques, instructions or other processes or actions, which are not fully covered in detail by instructions or in lab oratory procedures manual. Performance of tests/examination requires experienced judgment in determining the “best”, (i.e., most accurate and reliable) way to perform procedures.
- Performance of laboratory procedures which involve the extension of methods for clinical laboratory use. The development of extended methods involves such activities as a through and extensive review of the methodology, and literature; an evaluation of the value of the material; the development of ideas on how to approach the problem or questions at hand; the selection of methods and ideas that appear to be slightly applicable or useful; adaptation of the methods selected to meet the characteristics of the substances involved or the requirements of the assignment; experimentation, processing and validation of the tests/;examinations development or criteria for quality control checks; and devising and writing guides and instructions for local laboratory use.
Withdraws appropriate of blood by venipuncture and capillary puncture. Instructs patients and/or hospital personnel in the collection, preservation and transport of specimens.
- Sets up, operates and/or utilizes appropriate equipment, instruments, container and other devices and material to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on substances. Assures that such critical characteristics as temperature, humidity volume, etc., are observed. Prepares solutions, stains, reagents and media required for the conduct of tests / examinations. Performs such related tasks as labeling; cleaning and sterilizing equipment, glassware and instruments; and writing reports on results.
- Interprets and evaluates results of tests/examinations in process and upon completion in order to recognize anticipated reactions and departures from the norm. exercises professional judgment and experience in determining the causes or possible significance of improper or imprecise outcomes and in repeating or altering procedures and techniques to correct abnormalities and deviations.
- Performs preventive maintenance, periodic inspection and performance testing of equipment and instruments together with the maintenance of appropriate records.
- On an individual assignment or project basis, conducts and/or participates in development work related to clinical laboratory operations to include; (a) formulating, documenting and introducing new tests/examinations into the laboratory; (b) defining and installing quantity standards and controls to insure accuracy of test results; (c) establishing standards and preparing instructions for calibrating, adjusting and repairing of equipment instruments and standardizing solutions.
- Provides guidance, direction and training to ancillary laboratory and other personnel when designated as “in charge” of assigned section or specializations.
- Maintains professional knowledge and proficiency in medical technology through continuing education, staff meetings, and participation in professionally oriented activities.
- Works on a regularly assigned, rotational or callback basis to provide continuity of laboratory services during evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
The contractor shall provide to the Laboratory Director of Crownpoint Service Unit the following documentation:
- The Contractor shall be ASCP eligible or certified medical technologist who has at least 2 years experienced as a technician with a generalist background.
- Must have current certification (ASCP, AMT)
- Letters of recommendation (2)
Have a telephone to accept and send phone calls, voice mails and text messages.
Be required to work all days, all shifts, or rotating shifts (8hr, 10hr, 12 hr.) to provide coverage for the laboratory as necessary. Contractor may have to perform additional work hours depending on need.
Comply with HIPPA rules and regulations.