Driver II-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Driver II to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Transports equipment throughout the installation and on public roads. Some loads may contain hazardous material.
- Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of equipment to ensure timely and accurate transportation.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and willing to work until all assignments are complete.
- Assure overall appearance, maintenance, and condition of vehicle is in good working order for transporting high ranking officials and passengers.
- Assures vehicle is not loaded beyond the rated capacity by checking gross vehicle weight rated (GVWR) of vehicle to be loaded (no overhangs, no vision obstacles.)
- Completes trip tickets by annotating daily utilization and preventive maintenance service records (check/completes the daily operation inspection list on the back of the trip ticket).
- Completes driver’s accident report if vehicle is involved in an accident.
- Performs review of operation inspection checklist and notifies Government POC of any discrepancies.
- Drives both commercial and Government-owned automobiles, vans, or trucks for short and long distances.
- Must have excellent customer service skills for dealing with general public and high ranking officials.
- Assure overall appearance, maintenance, and condition of vehicle is in good working order when transporting or escorting high ranking officials and passengers.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- Possession of a valid CDL, Class A Maryland driver’s license with HAZMAT endorsement.
- Must have a clean driving record (no DWI, DUI, or major violations to include accidents within the past 18 months),
- Requires 10 years driving experience.
- Must take the Defensive Driving Course (Obtain OF346E)
- Must become familiar with US Army Research Laboratory facilities and restricted areas.
- Must become familiar with access gates and roads in and around Aberdeen Proving Ground.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and willing to work until all deliveries are made.
- Must be able to obtain or have had a secret level clearance.
- Must be appropriately dressed when transporting or escorting officials (e.g., sport coat w/collar with high ranking officials, business casual for other events). No jeans, no sneakers, no T-shirts, no hats, no body piercing (women can have earrings). A collard or business casual shirt (no logos unless preapproved ARL logo) and clean, neat business appearance