Salary: $33.00 to $38.00 /hour
RN Weeknight Hospice On-Call
At Fidelity Partners, “It’s not just business…It’s personal.”
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a RN Weeknight Hospice On-Call to support one of our Hospice clients in beautiful Portland, OR. Monday through Thursday (8pm-5am).
Job Description Summary:
- The On-Call Registered Nurse provides skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregivers as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nursing and company policies when called upon after hours.
- Work closely with all members of the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure proper patient follow up on previous night after hour’s calls.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled nursing patient care or service within the established plan of care.
- Coordinates all after hour services relative to providing skilled nursing care.
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Assists team members as needed to ensure that this level of service is consistently provided.
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, and environmental status; identifies problems and appropriate interventions and initiates the Plan of Care based on these findings.
- Includes the patient and family in the planning process.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding changes in patient status; identifies problems and appropriate interventions and updates the Plan of Care based on these findings.
- Communicates with the Clinical Team Lead and physician regarding observations and recommended interventions.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate.
- Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
- Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are provided timely.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care, emotional, spiritual and psycho-social support.
- Completes all documentation in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Provides written instructions to home health aides for patient care consistent with the established plan of care.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Takes part in timely and appropriate discharge planning when indicated by the patient’s plan of care.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities as assigned.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Prior home health or hospice experience or (1) year of recent medical/surgical experience strongly preferred.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently. Works indoors in patients’ homes.
- May be required to work in undesirable areas.
- Possibility of strains due to moving patients.
- Continuing Education Requirements: Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor.
- This position requires a minimum of 8 education hours.
- In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities.
- All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.