Financial Specialist I
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Financial Specialist I to support one of our Government clients in beautiful Aberdeen, MD.
- Attain and utilize required GFEBS roles to create/enter commitment documents, attach all required documentation in accordance with organizational policies and guidance, and submit documentation for approval by office manager.
- Receive, review, and coordinate commitment documents for processing in GFEBS, and validate accuracy of data such as lines of accounting, funding amounts, and requestor information.
- Determine appropriate procedures to submit individual budget execution actions in accordance with applicable policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Enter data into and complete required manual and automated budget forms to provide documentation in support of individual budget execution actions.
- Review and confirm budgetary records to ascertain availability of funds to support individual budget execution actions, provide guidance to office manager/requestor to finalize use of funds.
- Track and monitor individual budget execution actions. Perform follow up checks as needed to ensure timely commitment and obligation, report issues to appropriate government personnel.
- Utilize financial records and reports to develop comparisons of prior year(s) expenditures with current year budget execution plans.
- Utilize financial records and reports for monitoring and reporting on current year expenditures relative to planned execution and prior year expenditures, informing office manager of any significant changes or issues.
- Prepare daily accounting reconciliation of accounting documents entered into the automated accounting system.
- Distribute accounting documentation to customers and office staff.
- Maintain automated accounting documentation files.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least one (1) year of specialized experience using GFEBS in related roles.
- Working knowledge and use of System Applications Products (SAP) application software.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
- Working knowledge of Business Process Flows.
- Knowledge of standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures used in an accounting system.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external organizations.
- Ability to interpret, implement, and provide guidance in support of SOPs and IOPs.
- Ability to research and gather information; verify and analyze data.