San Antonio, TX
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships. We offer competitive pay with comprehensive benefits package. For more information about Fidelity, please visit our website at www.fidelitypartners.org
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an OR Circulatorto support one of our clients in San Antonio, TX.
Hours:Various shifts available- 8 hours in surgery center and 12 hours in hospital setting
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
- Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
- Demonstrates knowledge of management of patient, including: being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition and being readily available to assist as directed.
- Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
- Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS as required by facility.
- CNOR certification preferred.
Please contact Misty Kozekwa at 210-822-4005 for more information