Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT to support one of our Government clients in Gallup, NM.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Contractor shall:
- Help with medical screening and initial triage of patients to determine initial acuity of patients.
- Secure a health and developmental history from the patient or parent; records findings and makes critical evaluations.
- Performs or requests special screening and development tests and laboratory tests and interprets the results.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings to recognize early stages of
serious physical, emotional or mental problems.
- Makes decision concerning medical care needs of patients with physicians.
- Works collaboratively with physicians in management of selected complex medical problems. Participates with other professionals and agencies involved in providing health care and services required to include immunizations and disease control, environmental health and health education.
- Provides full range of emergency medicine fast track services to treat medical conditions, consulting primary care physicians and specialists as medically needed.
- Evaluates the medical aspects of treatment plans periodically recognizing the need for reassignment by a physician or other health professionals.
- Provides medical care and preventative services to help individuals, including guidance nutrition, common illnesses, accidents, child growth and development, and child rearing.
- Teaches patients and family member’s ways to maintain or improve their health status.
- Maintains records and reports on patients, personal activities and other required information for use in program operation, quality assurance and other purpose.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification/License as a Physician Assistant
- BLS (provided by American Heart Association), PALS, ACLS, ATLS
- 2 years of experience working in the Emergency Room Department
- Immunity to Rubella, Mumps, Measles
- Immunity to Hepatitis B series
- History of chicken pox (varicella) disease or positive titer
- Tdap vaccine required
- Documentation of receiving a TB Mantoux skin test (PPD) within the past 12 months with documentation of follow-up for a positive test.
- A signed declination of the Hepatitis B vaccination series will be accepted.
- Current Influenza vaccination