Financial Specialist II-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Financial Specialist II to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Perform duties of the Financial Specialist I.
- Utilize financial reporting tools (such as GFEBS, Microsoft Excel, and any successor systems) to generate reports detailing revenue (appropriation, program, and account structure) and expenditures for each organizational cost center, identifying and reconciling discrepancies.
- Access multiple financial databases, web-based tools, and reports to research and track specific elements of resource from commitment through disbursement, document and notify budget analysts of issues.
- Create documentation and coordinate routing of documentation for approval and acceptance of incoming and outgoing funds with external organizations and between internal organizational units.
- Enter data into financial databases and web-based tools to enable documentation and tracking of organizational level financial execution, including incoming and outgoing funds, internal fund transfers, and contracting actions.
- Support organization’s budget analysts in documenting, tracking, and researching current year and prior year financial transactions to include purchase order and purchase requisitions obligation failures, unliquidated obligations, unmatched disbursements, and other execution issues, helping to resolve discrepancies between financial transactions, records, and reports or problems associated with complex or nonstandard transactions.
- Coordinate with ARL and Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) regarding problems related to disbursements and refund checks.
- A minimum of two (2) years of specialized experience as a Financial Specialist I or in a comparable job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to interpret, implement, and provide guidance in support of SOPs and IOPs.
- Ability to research and gather information; verify and analyze data.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external organizations.