Records Management Technician -Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Records Management Technician to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- The Records Management Technician shall support the Records Manager in examining and evaluating the current records management program to develop new or improved methods for efficient handling, protecting, and disposing of federal records and information interfacing with Army Materiel Command (AMC) Department of Army, Department of Defense, contractors, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and/or other government activities/agencies involved in records management programs.
- The Records Management Technician shall support the development of policies regarding destruction and archiving activities of physical and electronic records.
Tasks may include but not limited to:
- Create Records destruction logs and submit them to the Records Manager for review and approval.
- Coordinate off-site storage activities
- The Records Management Technician shall directly support the Records Manager and provide support to the ARL Directorate Records Coordinators with creating and approving the Official Records List in the Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS). The Contractor shall support the Records Manager with the bi-annual update to the ARL Pamphlet 25-56, Office Symbols, as applicable.
- Shall support the Records Manager with developing an internal inspection schedule and pre-inspection checklist. The contractor shall accompany the Records Manager during inspections and document the findings. The Contractor shall support the Records Coordinators with remediation efforts.
- Shall develop a notification template to provide to the Records Coordinators notifying them of their scheduled inspection date(s). The notification template shall include procedures for notifying their chain of command.
- Shall develop a template to be used for the required periodic review of internal ARL policies and forms.
- Shall support the Records Manager with researching a viable solution for Electronic Laboratory Notebooks.
- Shall support the Records Manager develop standard operating procedure (SOP) for Record Coordinators.
- Shall support the Records Manager identify an appropriate tool for preserving electronic records.
- Shall support with developing a desk-side reference manual for Records Coordinators and end-users.
- Shall support the Records Manager with prescribing regulations in forms.
- Shall support the Record Manager with performing a full review of ARL policies and developing a schedule for proponent validation and revision.
- Shall support in maintaining an update log to meet the regulation requirement of reviewing publications every 18 months.
- Shall support the Records Manager with researching the Electronic Capture and Storage (ECS) features in ARIMS and developing an implementation plan for ARL.
- Shall support the Records Manager with developing a three (3) year program evaluation cycle of all Directors to be evaluated in accordance with the requirements of AR 25-1 and shall provide the schedule annual to all ARL Records Coordinators.
- Shall support the Record Manager to ensure each Directorate periodically evaluates its records management program relating to records creation and recordkeeping requirements, maintenance and use of records dispositions.
- Shall support the Records Manager to ensure all ARL Directorates maintain and manage their records. The Contractor shall support the Records Manager develop policy and procedures for ARL records management program. Coordinate as appropriate and obtain the ARL Director approval.
- Shall support the Record Manager identify appropriate computer-based workforce training. Customize the training if necessary for the ARL environment. Coordinate to post the training in Total Employment Development (TED) system.
- Shall support the Records Manager with developing the responses to AMC and RDECOM taskers.
- Shall provide reports to the Records Manager for review, approval and distribution, as needed.
- Shall work on special projects, assigned by the Records Manager or as needed by other members of the Records Management team.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year specialized experience; or three (3) years of specialized experience.
- Experience with official filing systems
- Experience using Records Information Management Systems
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Power Point, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER