Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a WOUND CARE RN to support one of our Government clients in Shiprock, NM.
- Wound Care RN performs the primary function of a RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients in the hospital setting.
- Communicates and collaborates closely with physicians, outpatient and inpatient nurses, Wound Care staff and other members of the health care team to provide consistent quality care for patients.
- Working with a high degree of autonomy, the RN accepts responsibility and accountability for assigned patients as a case manager to plan, implement and evaluate the care for wound care clients.
- The RN works within the framework of the Florida Nurse Practice Act and follows all hospital policies and procedures.
- The candidate is responsible for meeting the established WHC Standards of nursing practice in the management of all assigned patients.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current certification as a CWOCN or WCS/WCC
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association.
- Minimum 1 year RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Wound Care RN experience
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.