Accounting Clerk II-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Accounting Clerk II to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Balances and reconciles accounts. (e.g., ensure transactions are posted correctly; identify overruns, pull funding documents to determine what the correct numbers should be and make changes to the official accounting system as approved by the Government POC.)
- Sorts and distributes financial reports organizationally or functionally as identified by Government POC.
- Files office paperwork e.g., record builds, memorandums, support agreements, funding documents.
- Typing and word processing (e.g., may type record builds, funding documents, memorandums).
- Posts actions (e.g., funding/execution documents) to journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system (e.g., GFEBS)
- Review computer printouts such as reports from the accounting system (e.g., GFEBS) against journals (e.g., ARL PD) or intra office databases/spreadsheets) to identify deltas.
- Detects and corrects erroneous postings (e.g., ensure transactions are posted correctly) into an electronic accounting system, upon approval from a Government POC.
- Reviews list of transactions rejected by GFEBS automated system and informs the Government budget personnel of findings. Re-enter transactions for acceptance based on process provided by Government POC.
- Creates new work packages in execution and planning databases (e.g., enter budget, planning and execution work unit information into the ARL PD or intra office databases/spreadsheets).
- Modifies existing work packages in the ARL PD or intra office databases/spreadsheets to reflect changes in funding levels, fund transfers, reallocation of funds, changes to task descriptions, and changes in task deliverables.
- Prepares fund transfers by typing a form or by initiating the action in the ARL PD. Develops and maintains financial spreadsheets to present summary of financial status showing expenditures, balances, and anticipated changes for each work packages. (Financial spreadsheets include Excel spreadsheets that are prepared using information from the official accounting system, as well as spreadsheets from the ARL PD that have been annotated with specific pertinent
- information for use by Money Managers, Management, and so forth in reviewing the current status and anticipated changes.)
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- One (1) year of specialized experience. (College-level course work in accounting can be substituted for specialized experience.)
- One (1) year of general office experience.
- Basic knowledge of standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures used in an accounting system.
- Six (6) months experience with creating/editing electronic spreadsheets.