Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Medical Assistant to support one of our Government clients in beautiful Hopewell, VA.
Description of Responsibilities:
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with standards and methods generally accepted within the field of Medical Assistant services, and compliance with all Federal and State policy and regulations.
- The Medical Assistant shall adhere to all standards and regulations associated with the Joint commission of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and American Correctional Association Foundation/Core Standards for Adult Correctional Institutions, Center for Disease Control, and Bureau of Prison’s Policy and Procedures and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare(AAAHC).
- The Medical Assistant must have the ability to work with an inmate population from a variety of cultural, regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Scope of Work:
The Medical Assistant shall:
- Provide nursing care to include taking and recording patient history, vital signs, making appointments, assisting PA’s and physicians in clinical activities.
- Draw blood from patients for analysis or other medical tests, glucose sticks.
- Phlebotomy duties such as collecting and processing laboratory tests.
- Operation of EKG machines and other special medical apparatus and equipment within the Health Services Department.
- Assist the medical providers and visiting clinical specialty consultants in the management and coordination of patient flow through the chronic care clinic, optometry and general clinics when scheduled.
- Assist primary providers in the urgent care room when necessary, and utilize basic medical equipment.
- General medical assistant duties.
- Pull, file and copy medical records and maintain supplies in all exam rooms. Respond to Inmate Request to Staff Member with the concurrence of staff
- Screen eye exams and assist physicians and mid-level practitioners in minor surgical cases.
- Maintain daily sick call list.
- Required to be familiar and the use of BEMR system.
Education and Qualifications:
- The Medical Assistant providing Medical Assistant services will need to maintain certification and/or licensure under this contract award and must have graduated from an accredited school; be certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED); and have one or more current years of experience in their discipline. Correctional experience is desirable, but not required.